Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Project of the Month - February 2012

This is a quick and easy project of the month for February. 
We went to visit my husbands family over the holidays and I was inspired by a project that my sister-in-law had completed during the summer.
 
She bought the pattern in a quilt shop in Saskatchewan and made both the 24” and the 18” gum drop pillows. She showed me the 18” pillow that she made in a 2 decor weight fabrics in pinks & greens, a floral print & a plaid stripe print. The pillow was gorgeous and seemed very durable as well. The kids had a lot of fun jumping on it and playing with it. The 18” pillow is the perfect size for a chair for kids or a footstool for adults.


 

I promised that I would make one for my daughter as soon as we got home. It was a very fast project - about 60 minutes from start to finish. The pattern was very clear and easy to follow. It was a great project - very fun and easy to do. I can see me making more of these as gifts for friends and family.

I used a paisley corduroy fabric that my daughter picked out. We made it a family project and my daughter help me put the stuffing in it. We used a whole bag of stuffing that we bought from Wal-Mart.

 

The info on the pattern is on Amy Butler’s website and it is available to purchase on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Amy-Butler-Pillows-Ottoman-Cushion/dp/B001762PUY

You can also buy it at independent quilt & Etsy shops. Check Amy Butler’s site for Where to Buy information.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment