Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Smores

May is halfway done which should mean that Spring is here even if it is not really warm yet. The snow is melting, the grass is getting green, tulips are poking through the dirt in my flowerbeds and the leaves are starting to come out on the trees.

I love all these signs of Spring and to lots of people Spring means that camping season has started or is starting soon. I do not camp. It is no fun for me to sleep on the ground in a tent - just not my thing. You want to take me camping in an RV, with a kitchen, a bathroom and a real bed, I am all over that, otherwise count me out.

One thing I do love is a campfire. We loved food cooked over a fire and toasted marshmallows .... YUM!!!! Smores are one of my favorite things to make over a fire.


 It is still too cold for me to enjoy sitting outside by the fire but I REALLY wanted some Smores, so we tried a little experiment with the oven. Much to our delight, they turned out!!!! Not as spectacular as the ones made with marshmallows straight from an outside campfire but still pretty darn good!

Ingredients:
Marshmallows (1 per Smore)
Chocolate covered digestive cookies (2 per Smore)

Directions:
Place a chocolate covered digestive cookie, chocolate side up on a baking sheet

Put one marshmallow on top of each cookie.

Place in the oven under the broiler until the marshmallows get bubbly (Approx 2-3 minutes)

Put the second cookie, chocolate side down, on top of the bubbly marshmallow.

Squeeze it down a little to squish the marshmallow and get the chocolate melty.

ENJOY!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment