Sunday, April 1, 2012

Project of the Month - April 2012


I was searching for projects for my friend who had a baby last summer. We both have extensive collections of fabric scraps and we were looking for something simple to make as a scrap buster project and that would be fun for the baby to play with.

I found this great tutorial for Fabric Beach Balls from The Purl Bee. We thought it would be a fabulous project and we were right!

I made 3 medium sized Fabric Beach Balls out of various fabrics that I had in my stash. It took about an hour for me to make all 3 balls, including cutting & stuffing time. My daughter helped me put the stuffing in and she had lots of fun making sure that they were the perfect shape and size.
I did leave off the fabric circles on both sides. I liked the way the intersecting seams looked.
The tutorial was simple and easy to follow. I think I will make them again the next time I need a baby gift for someone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment