Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chai Shortbread


These are one of my most favorite cookies to make. We usually only make them at Christmastime or for a special occasion because otherwise I would eat WAY too many of them. They are a healthier cookie so I guess having a few extra is not all that bad. 

They are very easy to make and we also had all the ingredients in the cupboard already so I did not have to go out and get anything special to make them with. They are excellent warm from the oven and just as tasty the next day.

I initially got the recipe from a Cooking Light magazine that I had picked up in the checkout line one day. They looked easy to make and I thought that they would be a nice change from the regular shortbread that we usually make.

We used our KitchenAid mixer to do the heavy work for us. We started by creaming the butter & sugar together and then added the dry ingredients and then the water.

The recipe I used for Chai Shortbread is here on the Cooking Light website http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chai-shortbread-10000001687677/  

Or you can click the link to follow it here Chai Shortbread

No comments:

Post a Comment